I FELL IN LOVE TODAY!
I went to Marshalls to look for a blouse today, but the trauma of trying on clothes is too much to handle. So I put all my picks back on the rack and went to the home goods section instead. And there, right before my eyes were the Cuisinart skillets on sale. The most beautiful, 12" non-stick skillet with cool handle that can go into the oven. And only $30.00. Cuisinart normally retails for twice the amount. Marshall's has the pots that go along with my new baby. I see a yard sale coming up to come up with the funds. They also have a great assortment of spice mixes, flavored olive oils and marinades. You don't normally imagine Marshall's or Ross as a place to stock your kitchen, but they hide wonderful goodies. At Ross they sell woks that say commercial grade, and believe me, they really are. Now, Ross doesn't have them all the time. You just have to check periodically. My hubby picked the wok out. That is how good they are, they have his stamp of approval. His spatulas just can't touch any ol' pan. I know it sounds crazy to be so excited about a skillet, but it really does matter when it comes to cooking. You want even heating, no hot spots. And you want it to really be non-stick. Once you find that special pan, treat it with TLC. No dishwasher!! No harsh scrubbie thingys or scouring powder. No metal spatulas! And if you do not have a hanging pot rack, buy some inexpensive kitchen towels and keep them where you store your pans. Have them handy to put between each skillet if you have to stack them. It is not OCD, it is money saving. They will stay looking brand new and last you for many, many years.
GO SHOPPING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment